Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kale Chips



I know, I know...this just looks like a bunch of leaves BUT, let me assure you that as the saying goes, you can't eat just one of these bad boys. They are pretty addicting. I 1ST heard of them from a couple of friends on FB who shared the recipe. We do love kale in our house, and we've had a lot of it in the fridge this week so I decided to make some use of it and try these chips once and for all. Glad I did! I have to admit, I didn't think the recipe called for enough salt for some reason so I did oversalt mine a little. Stick to the recipe and add more after you taste if necessary. This recipe is also on All Recipes and has many high reviews.


Ingredients:

1 bunch kale

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I used Lawry's seasoned salt-I imagine sea salt would be good if you don't have seasoned salt)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.

With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner (I don't have a salad spinner so I just dried with paper towels).

Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.

Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment