Monday, June 27, 2011

Spicy Chicken Salad with Bell Pepper and Cilantro

Not the best picture to show how tasty the salad was because the dressing wasn't on yet but I promise, this salad did it's job. I didn't want to go to the grocery store and wanted to eat something light for dinner. I found this spicy chicken salad recipe on Epicurious and made it for Shea and I the other night. I modified it to our liking. Many of the reviews had said to cut the oil in half and they were right. I also added radishes. This is great if you have left over chicken to use, Trader Joe's grilled chicken strips in the freezer, a rotisserie chicken from the store. I didn't have any of those so I just baked some chicken breast with a little salt and pepper and very little olive oil and cut into strips.


Ingredients:

1/4 cup olive oil

1/3 cup fresh lime juice

2 teaspoons chopped garlic

1 teaspoon ground cumin

4 cups diced cooked chicken (about 1 pound)

1 red bell pepper, chopped

3/4 cup chopped onion

3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno chili

1 bunch sliced radishes (optional)

4 cups chopped romaine lettuce

2 cups grape tomatoes or 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges


Directions:

Whisk 1ST 5 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Mix in chicken, bell pepper, onion, radish, cilantro and chili. Season chicken salad with salt and pepper. Add lettuce to chicken salad; toss to combine.

*Serve with warm tortillas or top with a little plain yogurt or light sour cream.*

No comments:

Post a Comment